Monday, June 11, 2007

Cub Scout Day Camp Day 1

We had a good first day. The theme is Gizmos and Gadgets and the weather was fantastic. 78 degrees with a breeze. We didn't even sweat--much. Our first activity was building a rocket. We used a film canister, put water and half of an Alka-Seltzer tablet in, put the lid on quickly, turned it over, and it shot up in the air. Pretty cool. This is a pic of the kids working on their rockets.
















We also had a "Flag Respect" given by a Korean War Vet that was interesting. I learned quite a few rules about handling and hanging the flag that I hadn't heard before. I also learned that when the flag is properly folded--ending up with a triangle--that each fold symbolizes something different. He named several things. I tried to look it up but couldn't find it. Graham and I decided to take a few pictures of the flag as we were looking up at it. This is one of our better ones.




More scout camp posts tomorrow.

No comments: