Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fun trip yesterday

Yesterday my knitting group (all 4 of us!) took a trip to The Olde Yarn Loft in Somerset. Wouldn't you know I didn't think to bring a camera. We first went to The Clay Haus, which a restaurant that was built in the early 1800s. We had a good lunch and then went on the The Olde Yarn Loft (I don't think it's online). Kim Christman, the owner, sat with us while we knit. She did a variety of things--she knit for a while (she's just starting to do lacework), she worked on a scarf on a loom, she did some spinning, AND she showed us the triangle looms her husband makes on which she weaves shawls. She is quite the jack of all trades! Needless to say we were there a while. I was able to get a couple of pattern repeats done on the Tweedy Vest. I'm almost to the armholes.

We had a great time and we all came away with great purchases.








In the 3rd picture is the yarn I plan on using to make the Tomato sweater. It's Berroco Ultra Alpaca. In the pic on the bottom in the middle is my very first skein of Cherry Tree Hill. I was so excited to see it. I got the Wild Cherry colorway. And on the right are 3 balls of Universal Yarn Deluxe Chunky Long Print in a color called Sea and Sand, which I will probably make My So-Called scarf with.
We stopped on the way home at Tom's Ice Cream Bowl. I treated myself to a one-dip banana split. It was yummy. I hardly ever eat ice cream.
We had a great time!
I also finished reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd this week. I liked it pretty well.

1 comment:

Beatriz said...

I think the Tomato is going to look really nice in the browns you picked. Ultra Alpaca feels like it will be a really nice to knit.