It's finally here. My favorite holiday. I love Halloween and I love autumn. I love watching the leaves fall from the trees (not raking them up, though). I love hearing the leaves crunch under my feet. I love listening to cold rain hit the roof while I'm warm and cozy in the house. I love having cool air but warm sunshine. I love the colors of orange, brown, gold, and rust. I love playing outside and coming in to have warm apple cider. I love caramel apples. I love pumpkins. I love passing treats out to kids.
Craft Pirate had a Halloween meme on her blog and I'm borrowing it from her.
1. Do you believe in ghosts? I'd like to say yes, but I just don't.
2. Have you ever seen a ghost? No. I've experienced deja vu, but I've never experienced any paranormal activity.
3. Have you ever experienced something that is best described by the word "paranormal"? see #2
4. Do you watch any ghost or haunting themed shows? I am a sucker for anything "haunted," "scariest," "ghost," etc. My DVR is set to record every episode of Ghost Hunters. I have always been interested in ghost stories. I've watched all the Scariest Places on Earth, Celebrity Fear (or whatever that show was where the participants wore cameras pointed up to their faces). I don't even know the names of all the shows.
5. If so, do you sometimes sleep with the lights on or wake up your partner because the show scared you a whole lot and you can't sleep and don't want to be awake alone? I haven't ever been THAT scared. However, after reading some scary books or watching some scary movies, I won't go outside with the dog at night or go into the basement.
6. Have you ever been to a supposedly haunted place? If so, did you experience anything spooky? I've been to houses that have been rumored to be haunted. Famous places I've been are Athens, Ohio, where I went to college at Ohio University. See the link for more about that. My husband and I went to San Francisco for our honeymoon and I insisted we see the Winchester Mystery House. I've also been to the Mansfield Reformatory (see Summer 2007 posts). I experienced nothing. Maybe if I went at night, though, it would be different.
7. How much do you love Halloween? see the top of the post!!
Happy Halloween everyone!!!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
I'm back with my knitting group finally. I haven't seen Hilde or Becky since we went to The Yarn Loft in Somerset back in July. It's been over 3 months. That seems like forever! Here they are knitting their dog sweaters. Too bad Molly couldn't make it tonight. We had a lot of catching up to do.
I was able to get quite a bit done on my Jaywalker sock. I'm ready to start the heel flap. I know, I know. I started it like a week ago. I can only dream of knitting socks like Wendy. That'll never happen!
Posted by Kim Beaumont at 7:44 PM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I've started knitting again. I'm working on a pair of Jaywalker socks. I couldn't decide which picture looked better-with or without the flash-so I used both. I love this pattern and started a pair of socks about a year ago, but after I turned the heel and tried them on, they were way too small. I couldn't even get them over my heel. I am definitely not a swatcher. I took it apart and didn't try again. Until now. I sorta remember how many I had cast on last time and I added a few more stitches. I keep trying it on after every couple of rows. So far so good.
On Monday night we had a cookout at MVSR in place of our regular Cub Scout meeting. The kids got to roast their own hot dogs and marshmallows. We had a potluck dinner. In the first picture below, G2 is roasting his hot dog. In the second, G1 is the one in the middle playing games. The third picture is all three of us on the hayride.
Posted by Kim Beaumont at 7:34 PM
This is G2 on his first night of Cub Scouts. We've been waiting for this for a long time after watching G1 and all of his Scout activities. G2 was so excited about this. At the meeting the boys got to decorate Halloween treat bags and play a cool game of unwinding themselves from each other. G2 had lots of fun and gave it a big thumbs up! Plus, he looks really cute in his uniform.
Posted by Kim Beaumont at 6:41 PM