Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Okay. After a week of illness in the house, I'm getting back into the swing of things at school. G1 woke up a week ago Saturday at 4 am with a stomach bug and was sick until Tuesday. While I was home with him on Tuesday, I felt a sore throat/flu/cold thing coming on and went to school Wednesday feeling like complete crap. I came home Wednesday, took three Tylenol, and took a nap. I woke up feeling a lot better. I woke up Thursday morning feeling really well. I came home Thursday and felt a little queasy. By 5:30, I had the "symptoms" of the stomach bug. I stayed home again Friday and didn't start to feel better until yesterday afternoon. Good thing, too, because I had preordered tickets to the Hannah Montana 3-D movie in Columbus for G2 and his cousin. The movie was okay. Not worth $15 a ticket. I guess it beats having to fight all those crazy parents fans at the real concert and paying tons of money for the trinkets that the kids have to have.

I haven't touched anything from school since Thursday. Much of that time was spent feeling like I was at death's door. So I'm spending tonight trying to get caught up enough to be prepared for tomorrow. I feel very out of touch.

I haven't even been able to take a picture of the yarn I won from Beatriz. I haven't decided which sock pattern I want to make yet, but I've wanted solid color sock yarn for a long time. I don't get to yarn shops often because they're so far away and I'd much rather touch it before I buy it. Getting Bea's yarn was a welcome addition to my stash. As soon as I finish my Cherry Tree Hill socks, I'll get busy with Bea's yarn. THANKS, BEA!!

Speaking of my Cherry Tree Hill socks, I attempted my first short-row heel. I need to post a picture of it to get advice. I must not have turned and wrapped the right way because I have holes. I think I can fix them later, but I don't want to make the same mistake on sock two. Any advice for a newb with short-row heels??

2 comments:

dustinac said...

I'm sorry you all have been ill and glad to read that you are on the mends.

Short row heels are very common for holes. I usually don't get them on the knit side but do on the purl side.

What I have found to help is pull as tightlty as you can.If you google for Short Row Heel Tutorial you will find a few blogs that have pictures and tips on how to move the stitches. I hope this helps...short row is my favorite no heel flap lol..

Dustina : )

Beatriz said...

Glad you're feeling better. I dread stomach flu. It wipes me out for a week usually. I've been meaning to add you to my sidebar for months. And I actually remembered this week. Glad you got the yarn. Enjoy. Can't help you on the short row heel...it's one of my knitting goals for this year.