Friday, September 26, 2008

Pushing Twilight

You all know my intense love for the Twilight series. I checked our school library before the first day of school and saw only one copy of Eclipse. Why have book three of a series and none of the others? Once school started I found out that few students had read any of the sereis. I'm on a Twilight campaign. Even though I swore to myself that I was NEVER EVER going to loan out my copies to students, I gave in. I found one or two students who had read some but not all of the series and we instantly bonded. They were so excited about the series but either couldn't find the next book or didn't have the money to buy it, so I loaned them what they needed, making them swear to me that they would be gentle with my beloved books. Ever so slowly, my "I'm never loaning my books out" wall began to crumble. The more I talked about the books, the more students became interested and soon enough all seven of my books, plus my two printed out copies of Midnight Sun, were loaned out. Here's what it's come to:This is my board at school. Students are in line to borrow my books. They ask me if so and so is almost done because they can't wait for the next one. Can I just say that this pleases me to no end. Not only am I creating a whole new pack? flock? herd? of newborns, I am getting them to READ!! (I also ordered the American Library Assn's Twilight Read poster, too. Having it laminated this weekend!)

4 comments:

dustinac said...

That's great that they are reading and loving it. I seen an anklet or bracelet on ravelry that has to do with this series and thought of you lol.

Also, I tagged you today on my blog : )

Jess said...

YOU GO, GIRL!!

Borton said...

I never would have read any of the series without your recommendation! I'm waiting for Lila to finish book 4 so I can start. Since I bought the fourth book, I'll gladly put it in your lending library when I'm finished.

Ginnie said...

I have read so many rave reviews of this series... I may have to pick up one of the book soon:)